Friday, June 02, 2006

My Mom's Verdict

My mom who has once called Taco Bell "first class" went to Taco Bell on Wednesday for the first time in ages. She's in San Diego and had the privilege of sitting on the oft-admired (by me) rooftop Taco Bell. The view of the ocean, magnificent; the Taco Bell menu, stupendous. She had the bean burrito, and Joe had the 7 layer burrito. You know people aren't wont to hit up Taco Bell on even a semi-regular basis when that is all they order. However, at least they went so I shall not jone. She reported that that the 99 cent bean burrito did not hold its own against the $1.79 7 layer. I noted my experience in Boston: Erin and I both thought the bean burrito was immensely better than the 7 layer (to say nothing negative about the 7 layer. it's hard to beat perfection). My mom replied that the difference must lie in the establishment. I brimmed with pride: my mom, who knows ever so little about fast food restaurants, understands that not all holding the same name are created equal.

5 Comments:

Blogger wilco1014 said...

Not all TB's are created equal and not all bean burrito makers are created equal. Good job mom for recognizing this!

9:58:00 AM  
Blogger anne altman said...

it takes a sensitive and sophisticated palate

11:06:00 AM  
Blogger whipcreamy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:35:00 PM  
Blogger whipcreamy said...

your mom never tried the burritos at the mt.vernon tb either....especially after studying our heads off at the library and finishing a million exams....we were so studious, but the bean burrito was a great prize!

1:52:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

very very true, erin. tb did provide some procastination material. abby didn't even like taco bell much but when faced with writing a paper, she was all over the mexican pizza with beans at 2 am.

2:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home