Thursday, November 09, 2006

SO Many Reasons to Celebrate this November 9, 2006

Senator George Allen has officially conceded. Boo-ya. No more offensive and stupid football metaphors on the Senate Floor.

I am still in a bit of shock that the Dems didn't blow it. Or rather, I am surprised the Republicans didn't have some illegal tricks up their sleeves for this election. Maybe the scandal ridden Congress of 2006 finally convinced them to put their illegal ways aside for the time being. That's hard to believe. Maybe these tactics didn't work because after 6 years, Americans are finally getting a clue as to what the Bush Administration and Republican Congress have done. I am going to remain vague on what they have "done." I don't have time to list the atrocities. I am too busy rejoicing in the seemingly impossible. i LOVE it! I am not even going to dwell on how badly the Dems will muff up this power over the next two years. I'll save that for next week and the subsequent months.

So have a cheesy gordita crunch and margarita in celebration and a wonderful Veteran's Day weekend.

I have tomorrow off for the National Holiday. It's going to be Momcation in these parts. Anything can be a "cation" if you like. Since everyone doesn't have his/her mom visiting this weekend, I'll grant you all a Happy Wincation. Celebrate the election victories and think of Rumsfeld packing his office, muttering about the legality of torture and false pretenses for war and the goddamn liberal media.

3 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

he'll be on an extended rumcation before starting up a consulting business along the lines of rudy guiliani et al...

3:33:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

rumcation!!
god, i love this -cation stuff.

3:41:00 PM  
Blogger whipcreamy said...

i am on al sorts of cations...including medi-cations. you know, on wednesday night when virginia was final, i put in an old rap cd. i never play rap. it made me happy!

12:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home