Friday, August 04, 2006

The Past Was So Rad

From Wikipedia (naturally):

Discontinued Items

Items officially discontinued by Taco Bell. Some may still be obtainable at independent locations.

4-Alarm Taco
7-Layer Nachos
Bacon Cheeseburger Burrito
Bean Burrito Especial
Beef Burrito
Beefy Tostada
Cheesy Gordita Crunch (usually available upon request)
Chili Cheese Burrito (still available in many Midwestern and some Southeastern locations)
BLT Soft Taco
Chalupa Santa Fe
Fire & Ice Taco
Gordita Santa Fe
Mucho Grande Nachos
Seafood Salad
Steak Burrito (excluding other burritos that can be made with steak)
Taco Light
Volcano Burrito
Texas Taco
Cinnamon Crispas

WOW! I haven't even heard of some of these menu items, and yet I am sad that I won't be able to include them in my mid-2006 Eat New Things at Taco Bell Tour. Fire and Ice Taco? What is that? the Volcano Burrito! Bring it, whatever it is. Bean Burrito Especial. Good god, I imagine that was delicious though I can't imagine what made it "Especial" that they don't have in some form on the menu. No difference: I am saddened that I can't try these fabulous sounding things. Opportunity lost.

Luckily, it's Friday so my sadness is bouyed by a weekend of fun and relaxation!

SO: Happy Weekend. Try the Enchirito. It's bound to guarantee you a happy one.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Chicken Club burrito was the tastiest thing ever.

Although I would really like to have tried that Fire & Ice Taco.

3:33:00 PM  
Blogger anne altman said...

4 alarm taco. i like.

3:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see this Taco Bell prank yet? Rather stupid, yet oddly funny... http://www.phonelosers.org/tacobell/

10:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Fire & Ice taco was around for a very short time in the mid-90's. I remember it being a regular soft taco with hot sauce (fire) and sour cream (ice).

5:32:00 PM  
Blogger Marsupial Jones said...

I loved the seafood salad, it was soo good. Not really mexican/Taco Bell-ish at all. It had the large fried flour shell, shredded lettuce, cheese (a couple kinds, finely shredded), I think tomato, seafood mix = petite shrimp, "krab" meat. Served with a ranch dressing. Not sure if they put the bean spread on the bottom or not. I wish they would bring it back.

Another good one was the Taco Light, it was also a fried flour shell and very light/crispy. That would be good in a seafood version as well.

1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Marsupial Jones said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4foEvu3D8

Here is the ad for the seafood salad, looks like I forgot about the black olives.

1:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home