Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Trip of Firsts to Taco Bell

This past weekend, I went to Taco Bell in Warrenton, VA. This trip was my first since my declaration some 1.5 weeks earlier that I would order, for the first time, the gordita on my next trip to Taco Bell. I like making these committments and telling them to the world because then I am forced to keep them and change makes the world go around, right? Or maybe just Taco Bell makes the world go round, and everything else is simply a distraction or interruption or a lead-in to the end of the world which, seemingly, is quickly approaching. World War III as Newt would say. Ah, but before I digress any further, I'll return to the Sunday outting.

And SO I finally ordered the gordita. My friends Becca and Patrick, in the spirit of fun and Taco Bell enjoyment and things to put on the blog, also decided to try something new. Becca ordered the gordita as well. (Has anyone tried this thing?). Patrick ordered the chicken crunchwrap, having never even had the original crunchwrap. Imagine! Thankfully, we all were very happy with our adventurous choices.

I don't think the gordita will begun a staple in my ventures to TB. It was good. I enjoyed the thick yet fluffy tortilla, apparently signiture of the Taco Bell gordita for it marked the main (only?) difference between a gordita and a soft taco. However, I was expecting a corn tortilla, fried, as James had made (which, of course, prompted this decision in the first place). But since I didn't have expectations of the Taco Bell gordita matching the excellence of the crunchwrap and experiencing that sensation of something so surprisingly wonderful as I did way back in February, I was not disappointed. In fact, I was pleased.

So tonight Hope and I have a romantic date with the Taco Bell in Arlington, a.k.a. the cleanest and nicest (sauce packet-wise) Taco Bell in the D.C. area (hence the romantic part. well, that and all the beans).

And I am going to try something new again. Is this a sign that my life is spinning out of control? Well, devil may care but I don't! If my life and everything I've worked for so diligently goes down the tubes with beans, how bad could it be?

2 Comments:

Blogger whipcreamy said...

wow...i still have to try the gordita....maybe tonight? oh...and i had a taco bell dream this weekend liz and you were in it!

2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

i will have hit the four out of five days of mexican food after tonight. i might be a bean by tomorrow. becca was happy with the fluffy, thick tortilla, too. how could you not be?

but i don't know if she is making mexican for us tomorrow. every streak has to end sometime.

whip! share the dream, please. sounds like a happy one.

2:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home