Friday, July 21, 2006

A Gordita Promise


I'm going to admit something that some fellow Taco Bell lovers might abhore.

I've never had a gordita. From Taco Bell or otherwise. I've abstained from the gordita largely because of the bean burrito. Why stray from perfection? Yes, I tried the chalupa once. I know people love it, but I prefer a thinner tortilla so I went back to the burrito. Not until the crunchwrap did I make a habit of ordering something other than two bean burritoes. I know I've mentioned this before, but for full understanding of the promise I am giving you (well, more so, giving myself), I must reiterate this history.


Well, folks, next time I go to Taco Bell, I am inserting the gordita into my meal.

Insert >hushed silence<.

Last night, my friend James made some delicious gorditas. Fried corn dough! Great toppings! Yummmmmmmmmm. Why hadn't I had a tried this loveliness before? So next time...next time...I will order one and have something exciting to report. The ingredients and preparation will be different so I will have to attempt not to compare the two gorditas. However, Taco Bell, I am expecting greatness. For now, though, let's add its gorditas to the list of things on which "jury's out".

4 Comments:

Blogger whipcreamy said...

just to give you more power in your quest, i am going to do the same. Next time I am at TB, a gordita it is! (but no meat please!)

12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

no way, dude, noooooooo way.

thanks for joining me in this adventure, whipcreamy.

1:28:00 PM  
Blogger Meddling Methodist said...

You Go-rdita, girl. Once you experience the euphoria, you'll never be able to go back!!!

2:04:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

really? that is quite a prediction. man, i better get one asap! i don't know if i am ready for such a drastic lifestyle change.

2:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home