Friday, February 23, 2007

Advice to YUM! Brands: Blame New York City

One of the coolest things about having a blog devoted to a very specific, semi-absurd topic is that when shit goes down with said topic, people remember me and my devotion to the topic and help me get vital information to the masses.

Today, I received 3 emails from friends within 10 minutes, reporting the news that a Taco Bell/KFC in New York was shut down because it was infestated with rats. Unfortunately, i saw the video and "infestation" is not an exaggeration. the reporting in this video is terrible, of course. a bit sensationalistic despite the issue at hand. Rats are running around in the DAYTIME. it is gross.

i am sad for Taco Bell. It takes a lot for me to (momentarily) question my allegience to taco bell but these rats did it.

also, in this video, the caption reads taco bell. however, it is a taco bell/kfc. why didn't the news put out an alert about KFC? they are trying to sensationalize the name, following up on the e-coli bit. tsk tsk tsk.

but do no fear. the blog and love shall continue because i have the real culprit in this situation: New York City. It is a dirty, dirty place. If that argument is not convincing enough for YUM! Brands to save its name, I suggest they ditch KFC. who needs fried chicken anyway? not me. not my blog.

so here are the articles on the topic. both are in the "money" section which is inapt.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/23/news/companies/taco_bell/index.htm?postversion=2007022310

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/TacoBellAndKFCNotSoYummy.aspx?GT1=9114

6 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

add two more emails, reporting this news. love it.

2:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am eating Taco Bell at the current moment so I felt it was my duty to write something. In better news of Taco Bell.. I was just at Chicago's train station food court and the Taco Bell had lots and lots of sauces available for anyone to take. They also had a bin of mints as well as a bin of moist hand cleansing cloths (with a lemon scent). Is this everywhere? I don't remember seeing this before. I was impressed. By the way if anyone cares, I'm eating the #4 (mexican pizza, 2 soft tacos and the MIGHTY LARGE MtDew. It's delicious.

2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

oh i love the mexican pizza. i so rarely get it.

i have NEVER heard of mints and moist towelettes at a taco bell. or any fast food place for that matter. i dont know if i should give chicago or taco bell kudos for this. perhaps this is taco bell's e-coli/rats response. well i like it. keep us posted, michelle.

11:28:00 AM  
Blogger whipcreamy said...

wow...well definately think that they should have mentioned kfc more...why t-bell this and t-bell that? are they being racist? yes, i agree. a great pr move for t-bell should be to blame nyc. dirty dirty. butnot as dirty as france! does france have a t-bell? i am gonna find out.

5:00:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

france is dirty?

9:10:00 AM  
Blogger anne altman said...

good point. nobody wanted to blame the chicken. interesting.

9:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home