Monday, October 09, 2006

What Dreams Mean...

I am not sure what they mean sometimes. That might be for the best because while I don't remember most of my dreams, a good percentage of the ones I do might indicate that I have no life.

Not that I mean to start another pity party on the blog. I know there's been a lot of that lately--sure it's funny and entertaining, but we all know there's a little more to it than that.

What I do mean to do is tell you that I had yet another dream about Taco Bell this weekend. To rationalize the sadness of this statement--that there is actually much truth to the name of this blog--I must say that making plans to go to Taco Bell on Sunday for lunch with Hope was one of the last things I did before falling asleep Saturday night.

The dream: Hope leaves me a message Sunday morning, saying she wouldn't be able to go to Taco Bell because she had to go shopping for things for her kitchen. I replied to this message with a text message reading: "that is just sooo mean." really, that's exactly what it said. End of dream.

So I wake up Sunday, remember this dream, and am sorta mad at Hope. You know--when you have a dream that you are mad at someone, it lingers a bit even though sad instigator is actually completely innocent.

And, it turned out for this reason and that, Hope had to have breakfast with her dad, we couldn't have dinner together, and so we didn't go to Taco Bell. Dreams often ring of such truth, eh? So I told her about the dream, and we made plans for later in the week--plans I will relay should they come to fruition.

And I really don't dream about Taco Bell ALL the time.

For instance, Saturday night I also had a dream that Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes had died. I read a number of obituries about his death yet it didn't hit me as reality until I read an article about him. Of course there was sadness and guilt to go along with that. I've long worried he is going to drink himself to death and that I need to write him a letter, telling him to stop for the love of...well, music and me, I guess. Then, in my dream, I remembered the profile Erin recently did for me on myspace (I don't have the patience to fill out profiles nor do I like myspace but it's handy to have an account). In any case, Erin answered the question "whom i want to meet" (actually it says "Who I'd Like to Meet" which is SHOCKING. everyone and her mother is on myspace and no one has prompted this company to change a blatant grammatical error? oh computer techs, why do you make so much more money than me?)...anyway...she writes "Conor Oberst so I can save him from drinking himself to death." Very true. But in my dream I put on the in my head to do list "change myspace profile. it's too late." Sad stuff, eh?

So see, I have other dreams that don't involve Taco Bell. Unfortunately they don't reveal a whole lot going on upstairs either. Ah...maybe tonight.

4 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

i am confused--did you actually text her or just dream that you did? you don't have to clear up the 'no life' part, that i understand.

1:22:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

i texted her in my dream. no, i did not take the passive agressive way out in real life.

1:32:00 PM  
Blogger whipcreamy said...

that be CRAZY! well, i think you should listen to your dream and change your myspace profile before it IS too late. Then you can write that letter and perhaps seek him out...what do you think?

oh...and i still do not understand why you do not like myspace. is it myspace? or is it online "friend" sites in general?

4:16:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

myspace is owned by rupert murdoch.

and the "who/whom" factor is big.

and i don't understand this "online networking" business.

9:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home