Monday, October 09, 2006

State Capitals Take Themselves VERY Seriously

A headline in Jefferson City, MO's News Tribune:

Taco Bell's new Missouri Boulevard store to be new prototype

I know it's not grammatically incorrect to use the same adjective twice in a sentence. But it should be. And for a headline. Tsk tsk tsk. If I was in cynical and bitter mood, I'd write a rant about the unfairness that I probably couldn't get a job with this newspaper because I have no official journalism experience and yet it publishes articles by "journalists" who love the word "new". And then I'd go on to complain about how these people are fulfilling their dreams and have a career and probably make more money than me and they can't even write well. Then part of me would remember that some of the blame lies in my lack of ambition and inability to commit and well, things would go downhill from there.

Luckily, I am not feeling all that cynical this Monday morning when most people have the day off to celebrate Indian killer Christopher Columbus while I sitting at my desk on a BEAUTIFUL and warm fall day.

And before I end this non-rant rant, let me share the first line of the announcement:

"Border Enterprises announced a new Taco Bell restaurant will be built on the present site at 2605 Missouri Boulevard."

wow! the verb "to be" is so cool! If I went to journalism school, I could have learned to insert it in every sentence.

Anyway, back to happier thoughts: I haven't heard that this "new prototype" will hit up any dc metro area Taco Bells and if I don't before Christmas, you best believe I am taking the two hour drive from St. Louis to Jeff City for a little bean burrito, hi state capital fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home