Thursday, October 05, 2006

A few comments on "words"

I want to talk about the "word verification" requirement that sometimes is, well, required when one posts a comment on a blog or buys something online.

Usually they are random sequence of letters. In fact, they are never actually "words". Am I right? Why the misnomer?

Perhaps equally as disturbing: Occasionally I have to get a new sequence of letters (er...a new "word") because I don't type in the letters correctly. I was allowed to graduate from grade school, high school, and college and apparently these letters can still dupe me. Who's to blame? Me? My teachers? My parents?

Nah. I am going to blame it on the computer techs who don't know the definition of a "word".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In your question about who is to blame for your inability to decipher verification letters, you ask if your parents or your teachers should be blamed.
I'm voting teachers.
My verifying "word" for this comment was hftzobex so I end with a happic hftzobex to all readers.

11:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home