Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Slate Did It So I Don't Have To...

Yesterday I felt the obligation to, in some way, note the passing of Jerry Falwell. After all, with this blog I not only explore food, feelings, and experiences associated with Taco Bell, but I do, on occasion, mention a political person or circumstance that demands attention.

Jerry Falwell's death demands attention. I wanted to collect a number of his outrageously bigoted quotes from his lifetime to relieve any guilt some of you may feel for a little bit of glee that might have entered your hearts when you heard the news of his death. I felt the glee and then the guilt. And then refreshed my memory: this man led a church of hate and intolerance. Yes, his "followers" are also to blame for their ignorance, but Falwell is to blame for taking advantage of their ignorance. He was a very smart man who knew he could brainwash very dumb people.

So in looking for quotes to post, I realized that the almighty online magazine Slate may have done it for me.

Sure enough it had. Read it here.

To whet your appetite:
"I listen to feminists and all these radical gals. ... These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men; that's their problem."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home