Friday, June 30, 2006

A Comment on KFC


Since YUM! company owns both TB and KFC, I feel that including very rare posts that are not 100% affliated with Taco Bell is not completely impure.

The photo above depicts a heart attack in a bowl, recently introduced by KFC. It has been oft talked about in my various circles of friends over the last month or two. Yet again, Ash and I found ourselves on the topic of this ridiculous concept. Okay, not only ridiculous but really disgusting. FAR more disgusting than Taco Bell's cheesy FIESTA potatoes. I guess when I get stuck on one of the rare points of contention I have with Taco Bell, I should find something much more offensive some place else. That's how i do "positive".

Now, before y'all pro-heart attack bowls get all "well you just think it's gross because you don't eat meat and non-meat eaters like to talk about how gross meat is and therefore your opinion is invalidated before we even hear it", let those of you who know me remember that i am not only a relatively recent non-meat eater and therefore wary of being a hypocrit, but I also know better than to talk trash about meat. While I don't foresee getting back on the meat bus anytime soon, the last thing I want to do is commit to any sort of permanent lifestyle. So I have an open mind. I even think the spicy chicken crunchwrap sounds delicious for those who partake in eating poor animals who were raised in awful conditions and were never treated with an ounce of humanity. hardy har har.

SO that said, mashed potatoes, corn, cheese, fried chicken, and--why the hell not--a hardy helping of gravey in a bowl is an astounding concoction. why did KFC leave out the mac and cheese and cole slaw and green beans? and why not put a biscuit on the bottom of all this mess?

3 Comments:

Blogger Meddling Methodist said...

I have to admit it, I want to try this coronary in a bowl. However, I do want to live past 40, so I'll probably pass. I do wonder what the calorie breakdown on this is. Most fast food places have a special sheet with all the pertinent nutritional information. This item probably has at least two pages devoted to it.

3:27:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

well, i actually searched for the calorie count on the website and they don't list it. clearly a sign that the count is off the charts...

9:59:00 AM  
Blogger whipcreamy said...

i am glad that you are extending this taco bell blog to kfc too....after all, they are distantly related.

2:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home