Thursday, June 29, 2006

A shocking desire

I endured a troubling revelation last night.

Ganga and her best friend told me they wished Taco Bell served French fries. Ganga claimed that Taco Bell isn't so authentically Mexican that serving fries would be a terrible affront. Excusssssssse me.

Shocked and dismayed was I. To the point of questioning my friendship with Ganga? You bet.

I haven't recovered.

Thankfully, the conversation hit a lighter note when we laughed about the terrible cinnamon twists Taco Bell used to serve--and we used to love.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meddling Methodist said...

Fries???? !@#$ that! Then you might as well add a bun to the taco (Taco Tico back in the day had a truly horrible taco burger. Any wonder why Taco Bell has been able to destroy them?). Perhaps Gunga should be forgiven her transgression, but only once. BTW, Leighann and I enjoyed some TBell yesterday. I had a Chalupa. MMM. MMM. MMM.

9:43:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

i saw leighann last night and she didn't tell me about your tb excursion! glad you enjoyed the chalupa. did chalups inspire you?
a bun on a taco! maybe that's how tb came up with the "think outside the bun" slogan...

yes, i agree, ash, plantain chips: more than acceptable.

9:56:00 AM  
Blogger wilco1014 said...

Plaintain chips=yum.

11:01:00 AM  
Blogger whipcreamy said...

they eat fries in mexico....they use ketchup too....but it is watery and vinegary

12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home