Monday, June 12, 2006

Reasons I Want My Very Own Kids


A long time ago, I made a list of reasons why, one day (in the far, far future), I wanted to have kids.

I've aged, yes, but my list has remained the same:

1. another list--of names for kids. it's a good one so i should put it to use.
2. who's going to take care of me when i am old? someone else's kids? i doubt it. better error on the side of caution and have my own.
3. baby shoes. the detail on those minature shoes is ADORABLE in a "i want to eat those" way.

Obviously, I don't need another reason to fulfill a list which so convincingly depicts my love for children and readiness for motherhood.

But in the items pictured above, my enthusiasm for this thing they call "child-bearing" has gained new vigor. Hence, the long awaited reason number 4 has made an appearance. Playdough burritoes and tacos and crunchwraps and saucepackets! Oh my! Baby and I are going to have some fun. I just hope we don't end up eating too much of the playdough. It's going to be tough instilling this thing called "restraint" in a child reared on a love of taco bell.

Well, first thing first.

2 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

that playdough is salty. but you knew that.

how about a plastic baby on a stick? will that take care of us in our old age?

11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

thanks for the encouragement, ash. sometimes i let practical matters get in the way.

and anne, yes, i think the bonnaroo baby will have mystical powers. if we must, we will rely on the taco bell loving, playdough eating fake baby.

1:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home