Monday, June 26, 2006

News Flash: New Crunchwrap!!

I am back from a blog sabbatical. It lasted longer than enticipated due to a bit of a flu following my return from Bonnaroo. So, needless to say, I am brimming with news.

Taco Bell has introduced a NEW Spicy Chicken Crunchwrap at Taco Bell. OOOOh la-la. I am not currently eating meat (I use words like "currently" so as not to box myself into to any category or committment), but I still think this is a lovely addition to the menu. The more types of crunchwraps, the better. After all, let's recall that my tasting the crunchwrap for the first time motivated me to start this blog. I don't want to get too big for my blog britches and forget that one Saturday afternoon in Arlington, VA which did the unthinkable: increased my love for Taco Bell by leading me to regularly order something other than two bean burritoes.

With my vacation and sickness, I hadn't checked either the taco bell website or the television. My dad reported the news of the chicken crunchwrap to me yesterday with great glee. And now I will tell you another story of the ways in which the crunchwrap results in unthinkable things. My dad is "excited" about tasting the Spicy Chicken Crunchwrap. He thinks it sounds "delicious" and "quite tasty". Before my bloggal and verbal ramblings about the bean crunchwrap earlier this year, I don't think my dad had been to a Taco Bell in many, many blue moons. I know this cliche implies that I think he had been to a Taco Bell before in his life. He must have--he's alive, after all, but I can't really picture it. He's perhaps the best and most inventive cook I know so his endorsement of subsequent excitement over the crunchwrap is a valid indicator that Taco Bell produces above quality stuff.

I've requested some freelance reporting on this chicken crunchwrap from him and will convey the results when possible.

The release of this crunchwrap is "limited", fyi.

2 Comments:

Blogger wilco1014 said...

I thought Jeff might be on board with the crunchwrap with the introduction of chicken c-wrap. I don't think he was impressed. oh well. sometimes you love it, sometimes you don't.

11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

wait--did he try it?
jeff, i know you are a reader, not a commenter, but we need to know how it is!

12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home