Monday, March 06, 2006

The 25 Cent Problem

Ashley and I went to Taco Bell this weekend. Due to our busy schedules, we went to an urban outfit. The food was delicious, per usual, but I did have to send Taco Bell the following letter via the internet:

This complaint is mild, I do admit, but as an admitted Taco Bell lover, I must inform you of inconsistencies with your restaurant locations. On Saturday, I ordered the crunchwrap, only requested beans instead of beef. For this request, your employee charged me 25 cents extra: as if I requested an addition instead of a substitution. It was a small price, and she didn't understand the issue so I didn't press it--there was a long line. But upon further reflection, I thought I should inform you: Taco Bell is already making additional money on this order, supposing the beef is more expensive than beans (i hope).
I ordered the crunchwrap the previous weekend at a location in Arlington, VA and was not charged for this substition. Unfortunately, this incident compounds other problems within the Taco Bell system: the suburban locations are superior to the urban ones. They are cleaner; napkins, forks, sauce packets are in the dining area; service is more competent. We city dwellers deserve better.

1 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

WE'RE MAD AS HELL AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!

11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home