Monday, February 27, 2006

The second universal language

Since we had a new episode of Grey's Anatomy last night, I want to talk about that today. I know, I know, this deviates from the name of the blog and perhaps it should call for an entirely separate blog, but I can't make that commitment. So for today I will just say that it's been approximately 36 hours since I've had the crunch wrap, and I miss it. And it never even disagreed with my stomach. cheers!

Unfortunately some of my dearest friends and lovers of Grey's Anatomy missed it last night for various reasons so there might be more summary in this posting than I expect will happen in the future. However, what I would like to see here is an open forum about the episode.

Let's start with the good stuff: Meridith cried while having sex with George. Who saw that coming? I didn't but I liked it. Poor George: just what his self-confidence needs--the woman he thinks he's loves so madly cries when they finally have sex because she realizes she doesn't want to have sex with him. I can see why it would be so awkward the next day. And good for him for moving out. He's becoming a "doer", I suppose, but he needs to get over her. The wasn't much sexual tension there anyway and I never really understood why he was so in love with her. I mean, she obviously doesn't eat Taco Bell (isn't she wasting away?). But here's what I most appreciated about last night's episode (there was a lot--i think it was a lot better than the last few): Meridith is adament that she and Derek can't be friends. (and rightly so). Of course, Derek doesn't get it just like Meridith doesn't get, initially, why she and George can't go back to "how it was before." Now, granted, Derek and Meridith weren't friends before they dated so it's a bit different, but I liked how Meridith clearly realizes this contradiction and takes Derek up on his offer to go for walks with the dog, get coffee, and talk about the existence of us/life/whatever. Course, they'll just end up staring longingly at each other, but we'll eat that up with a spoon.

Izzy and her heart patient: I like it. I like him, I like them together, I like that Alex is jealous, I like that Burke sees how much she likes him.

Christine and Burke: I love them.

Derek and Addison: so they seemed to finally have a loving moment yesterday with her confession about the poison oak and seeing it as karma for her cheating. Laughing, throwing pillows--are they falling in love again?

1 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

GA bugs me b/c maybe I haven't given it a chance. I suppose it's because it's another friggin' hospital show and that's hack. Or maybe it's b/c everyone's so "hollywood looking" and that's tiring. Is the appeal b/c it's like a nighttime soap ala Dallas? That I can understand. Taco Bell Choco Taco=best ever chocolate taco dessert product ever made

1:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home