Friday, March 03, 2006

Santa Barbara's Pride and Joy

I visited Erin In Santa Barbara 2 plus years ago. She'd told me about a Taco Bell up the road from her apartment that was extraordinarily good--one with a walk-in window open extra late (with a limited menu but this menu included bean burritoes so there could be no complaints).

Erin explained that the reason the Taco Bells in Santa Barbara were so good: they were closer to the Mexican border. I was skeptical.

Then I had the best bean burrito of my life.

Now, without much effort, I found this site in a google image search:

http://www.santabarbara.com/dining/review_read.asp?pk_restaurant=1214

Individual Taco Bell establishments rarely get their own page on a city's website. So yeah, clearly this one is something to behold (despite some of the comments you'll read on this page--people can be such downers).

Right next to this Taco Bell is a great little dive bar, too. The combination is perfect for a Saturday night.

The photo of me on the roofdeck of a Taco Bell in the previous post was taken in San Diego. The burrito was as good as that in Santa Barbara so I don't know how this fact plays into the "closer to the Mexican border" theory. In any case, the roofdeck is bound to keep the place popular.

1 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

Considering the Taco Bell in Olean, New York (South Western New York State) has the the undesirable nickname Taco Smell, I'm inclined to believe that the "better burritos the closer you are to Mexico" theory holds some water. The Olean Taco Bell doesn't have a deck on their roof, but I'm sure the outside elements leak through it all the same.

11:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home