Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mild Sauce in the City

Deep thoughts...

I mentioned in my first post that the Taco Bells in the suburbs were superior to those in DC. They are cleaner, cheaper, and roomier. They aren't connected to KFCs. Most importantly, though, they aren't stingy with the sauce packets. At Taco Bells in DC, they keep the sauces behind the counter and only hand them out when requested. Even then, they like to give you three or four. Ask for more, get two more. It's really obnoxious.

In Virginia, they put the sauce packets out: a free for all. It's a matter of trust. Granted, people inevitably misuse this trust--myself included. I like to have some in my fridge at all times: the mild sauce addition much improves the average homemade burrito. On Saturday, my friend Hope used 23 packets on her three items. That's a lot, yes. Excessive, even. But the mild sauce is the reason she loves Taco Bell. But in the city, the employees would never hand out that many packets.

So: why the difference between city and suburban TB establishments?

2 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

This city person understands your frustration. The same is true in Manhattan; you're begging for sauce, you're begging for a seat, you're begging for napkins. The reason is this: TOO MANY PEOPLE. you just can't trust 'em. They'll take whatever isn't nailed down, so you can't have nice stuff. If they put out a self serve packet holder, someone would saunter up, empty it into their pants and voila: lunch AND dinner! boo, we can't have nice things.

5:44:00 PM  
Blogger wilco1014 said...

I feel your pain. I, much like Hope, go crazazy with the Fire and Hot Sauce when I'm actually given the chance. Dear God, urban Taco Bell...please give us a break.

6:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home