Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I Dreamt of Taco Bell!

So I know my blog title is "I dream of Taco Bell." Literally, I day-dream of Taco Bell. BUT last night I had a REM dream about it.

A few nights ago, Erin had a dream about Taco Bell--that is hilarious. I pressed her yesterday to type it up so I could post it which is partly why, I imagine, I had to go and dream about it. Her dream is still in draft form but I will post it when she sends it.

But here is mine:

So I was in my high school cafeteria...a place i haven't been physically, mentally, subconsciously in many, many years. There were boys and a Taco Bell there: two fabricated characteristics. I was talking to a crush at a table before eating/ordering. Then we got in line at the Taco Bell. He ordered the crunchwrap...with beef, not beans...and I ordered the crunchwrap a la beans and then had a long inner battle about whether to change this order because I planned on getting the crunchwrap when i go to Boston this weekend (that part is really happening). Eventually, I changed my order to the grilled stufT (love the T) burrito with beans and was very happy with my choice. so much so that i think i will have to order it next time i got to TB (Thursday). In any case, i don't remember any more of the dream and have no idea who this cute boy i was with is, which is too bad because he may be my future husband, what with his love for Taco Bell, and we're probably supposed to get married and have a Taco Bell reception and all that good stuff, but now I'll never find him, and I'll never have my dream wedding (i.e. choco taco cake). Oh well. I'll focus on the present: come Thursday evening, I will be dining on a crunchwrap and grilled stuft burrito in the Boston suburbs (with all the mild sauce I could ever want).

4 Comments:

Blogger whipcreamy said...

i love how i dont have to make a decision about what new thing to order on thursday evening...your dream had made up our minds...it will be fate!

7:58:00 AM  
Blogger whipcreamy said...

Taco Bell is the largest restaurant consumer of whole Iceberg lettuce in the U.S. and in an average year, franchise and company restaurants consume:

-- 3.3 billion corn and flour tortillas
-- 114 million pounds of fresh lettuce
-- 61 million pounds of pinto beans
-- 275 million pounds of ground beef
-- 105 million pounds of cheese

11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

wow!
nice research, erin.

9:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that when you post something on the web, it will always be somewhere in cyber space. In this case, your entry will remain on my hardrive, where I can access it when we begin to negotiate the arrangements for your wedding to the TacoBeau of Your Dreams. I'm not prepared to guarantee a crunchwrap for everyone in attendance, but I'll ante up for the bean burritos. And for Beano all around as well.

10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home