Thursday, September 07, 2006

Delicious as an Enchirito? Installment VIII



For those of you outside the DC area, this man is Adrian Fenty. He is running in the Democratic Primary for mayor on September 12. So if he wins, he's pretty much mayor. He's pegged as the "outsider", but polls so far show him leading the "insider" by a relatively large margin. I'm pleased about the way things are looking. Up until this past weekend, I'd planned to vote for him. Then a few fellow DC voters and friends told me they planned to write ME in for DC Mayor. Well, that is quite flattering and I let it go to my head. You know, thoughts like "I AM WONDERFUL. FENTY MIGHT BE COOL AND SMART AND CUTE BUT I AM BETTER. EVERYONE SHOULD VOTE FOR ME." You know--those not so humbling thoughts.

So now I am in a quandry. Do I vote for myself because I know I'd do a better job then him and to support my friends' support of me even though, by doing so, I am taking votes away from the better of the two leading canidates? It's that whole Nadar 2000 coming back to haunt us once more. I thought I learned my lesson after 2000 and didn't even think about voting for Nadar in 2004. But...shoot. idealism is so much better than reality. And I need a "career". Why can't it be mayor? Screw the boring "councilwoman" or "superintendant" roles often needed to lead up to a mayoral campaign.

Which brings us to these heartwrenching questions:

1. Do I vote for myself?

2. Is Adrian Fenty as Delicious as an Enchirito?

3. If he is, then I must vote for him?...unless I, too, am as delicious as an enchirito...which I am. oh shoot! what will september 12 bring?

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

ah, the margarita promise. well, i can live with your choice of vote for both towns, ash.

Cropp is full of it.

3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Meddling Methodist said...

Well Liz, you're still gonna be my vote. Ashley, do you think you could vote twice to keep the Cropp forces at bay?

3:23:00 PM  
Blogger Meddling Methodist said...

I do like Fenty's look of concern on his face. Could he be concerned that Liz will sneak in to win?

3:25:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

well, bad news, folks: i've seen an interview with Fenty and he didn't sound smart. actually, he sounded like an idiot. but so does cropp. i am sure he is smarter than he sounded but all the same: Fenty is NOT delicious as an enchirito. So do i dare vote for myself? eeek. tomorrow is the big day!

2:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home