Friday, April 06, 2007

I Want to Be the Test Market

Taco Bell is testing its "breakfast menu" out in a few markets throughout the country. This is tentatively (i believe) call the "think outside the biscuit" campaign. that's a good slogan except that I don't think it's in their best interest to remind people who want breakfast that there are biscuits to be had because, i mean, who doesn't love a biscuit?

In any case, Omaha has been picked as one of the test cities.

Omaha.

Where everyone loves Bush and Meat.

As reported in the link above, here are some of the menu items:
1. sausage and bacon grilled burrito
2. a guacamole bacon grilled burrito
3. a bacon and egg taco
4. Bell breakfast potatoes.

I usually stand my belief that beans can be substituted for just about any meat at Taco Bell. On these items, I am not sure. Bacon and ground beef or chicken are very different textures than beans. And what are "bell breakfast potatoes"? a new name for the fiesta potatoes or hash browns.

In any case, I don't trust Omaha to tell Taco Bell wherein the breakfast menu faults lie--unless the employees and musicians of Saddle Creek Records get on the bandwagon with this test campaign.

1 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

"that's a good slogan except that I don't think it's in their best interest to remind people who want breakfast that there are biscuits to be had because, i mean, who doesn't love a biscuit?"


HAHAHAHA

this made me laugh. who doesn't love a biscuit indeed!

11:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home